IMPORTANT UPDATES - COVID-19
Updated August 3rd, 2020
The Alliance is happy to announce – We’re Back!
We are working hard behind the scenes to ensure you experience a top-notch event in a safe environment. Here are just a few of the steps we are implementing to maximize the safety for everyone involved:
- First and foremost - Everyone is required to wear a mask! Staff, spectators, coaches, and players on the bench are required to wear masks. Admission will only be granted to those wearing a mask. Anyone not adhering to the mask policy will be asked to leave without a refund.
- A completed COVID-19 liability waiver is required for every adult entering the facility. Re-entry will require an additional waiver to be completed.
- Temperature screening will take place before admission is granted. Those with a temperature reading of 100.4°F/38°C or higher will not be granted admission.
- Registration will be open to the first 36 teams who register.
- Expect to play back to back games. Our goal is to get teams in and out of the gyms as quick as possible.
- Outdoor holding areas will be available for the next playing teams.
- Teams must have at least 8 players and 1 coach in order to proceed from the holding area to the gym.
- Teams will be escorted to their court by a Court Supervisor.
- Some courts and gym areas will be closed to encourage social distancing.
- Each court will have an assigned exit.
- Teams and spectators are required to exit the facility immediately after the game.
Updated June 18th, 2020
Updated April 17th, 2020
Updated March 12th, 2020
Updated March 11th, 2020
The Basketball Alliance wants to assure you that we take the health, safety and well-being of our event participants, attendees, and workers very seriously.
As you are aware, there is a heightened awareness related to COVID-19 (the Coronavirus). We are monitoring health organization reports, including updates from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and others.
Currently, all events are proceeding as scheduled.
We request that teams follow the guidelines set forth below when participating in our events, as a precaution is the best policy.
- Have each player bring their own source of water.
- Do not use water fountains or team water bottles.
- Remind players to cough and sneeze into their elbow, not their hands. Sanitize afterwards by washing your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Remind players to wash their hands with soap or hand sanitizer after every game.
- Remind players to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth.
- If anyone is showing flu-like symptoms, or if you are uncomfortable having them participate in organized activities, please keep them home. As appropriate, contact your healthcare provider.
Steps the basketball Alliance will take at scheduled events:
- We will sanitize all basketballs between games and at half time.
- We will direct the facility to throw away all water bottles left in building after games.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at all stations in all venues.
- We will monitor national, regional, and local government alerts and information.
Virtual Doctor Visit $0 - Memorial Healthcare System
MemorialDOCNow lets you visit a doctor from the comfort of home for $0/visit through March 31, 2020 for Coronavirus (COVID-19 ) inquiries. Use coupon code: MEMORIALCARES.
The Basketball Alliance will continue to monitor developments, re-evaluate our policies and systems as circumstances change, and communicate any changes to our teams. Please be assured our focus is on the health and safety of our participants.